NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Peach State College Sports Challenge (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) is an opportunity for eligible U.S. College/University students (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant(s)”) to use their creativity to write their own story of present or past news worthy sports event or sports personalities.
1. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by SRC Communications, Inc, a Georgia corporation with principal place of business at 1425 Highland Farm Drive, Suwanee, Georgia 30024.
2. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to submitting an entry to ensure you understand and agree. If you submit an entry to the Contest and are deemed to be eligible to participate, you must agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and SRC Communications, Inc., with respect to the Contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”); (b) be enrolled in a private or public college or university in the United States (collectively, “U.S. School(s)”); and (c) must be 18 years of age at the time your entry is submitted to be eligible to receive any prizes, as described in Section 8 of these Rules. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of SRC Communications , Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on April 1st, 2014 12 pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone in the United States and ends on April 30th, 2014, 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website at www.peachstatecollegesports.com, (hereinafter referred to as “Site”) during the Contest period and follow the instructions that appears. You will be requested to complete a one-page official entry form (“Entry Form”). Once the Entry Form is fully completed, click the submit tab.
For Regular U.S. Mail or Overnight Mail:
To submit an entry in hard-copy form, the entry must be mailed in an envelope with proper postage affixed, to the following mailing address: 1425 Highland Farm Drive, Suwanee, Georgia 30024.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entry form must be: (i) complete (as determined by Sponsor); (ii) received by April 17, 2014 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time (ET); and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified). Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry.
6. SPONSOR REQUIREMENTS. The articles must meet the following criteria (“Sponsor Requirements”):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, torturous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the Doodle and supporting statement are created.
- It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- It cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the articles to ensure that they meet the Sponsor’s Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an article that does not meet the Sponsor’s Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
7. JUDGING: Each article will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) artistic merit; (ii) creativity and originality of the Contest theme (iii) communication of the Contest theme – how well the Entrant explains and develops his or her article; (iv) with a minimum of 550 and no more than 850 words; (v) adherence to the Sponsor’s Requirements and Rules.
Using the above Criteria, there will be two (2) levels to the judging process, which are discussed below.
Level One: All Qualified Entrants Articles
Each qualified Entrant will be notified of his or her acceptance and given a topic to develop. Completed Articles will be judged by a panel of Judges. The winning entry will be determined, and internships will be awarded in accordance with the Official Rules (the“Rules”). The Entrants will have seven (7) days to complete and submit their Article (due on April 25, 2014 by 11:59 pm, ET).
During Level One, the Judges’ decisions will represent 70% of the points necessary to be one of three (3) finalists. The other 30% of Level One points will be determined by the public logging onto the Peach State College Sports website and casting a vote for the Article they consider to be best written.
Level Two: Selection of 3 Finalists
- Notification to Finalists
o Finalists will be notified on or before April 27th, 2014 by telephone and email.
o Each Finalist will be given a topic and will have 48 hours to develop an Article.
Level Three: Winners of Internships
- Notification to Winners
The Winner shall be notified by email and telephone.
Tie-breaker: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will re-evaluate the Articles according to the Criteria until the tie is broken.
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize to another entrant.
Notification of Finalists and Winners: Becoming a finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the Article that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner. The potential finalist(s) and winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential finalist/winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential finalist/winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist/winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential finalist/winner or potential finalist/winner’s parent or guardian engages in a live conversation with Sponsor or when a message is left on the potential finalist/winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by the Sponsor, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, each potential state finalist/winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential finalists/winners must return all such required documents via fax (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential finalist/winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential finalist/winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. In the event the potential finalist/winner is a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian must sign the documents and return them as described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Sponsors, or the Judges.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between the Sponsor and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights
(Including moral rights) in and to the Article (s). As a condition of entry, Entrants grant Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display the Article for any purpose, including display on the Sponsor’s website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned.
11. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by Sponsor at the expense of Sponsor, and agree and give consent to the use of their name and/or likeness by Sponsor. Sponsor will contact Entrants in advance of any Sponsor media request for interviews.
12. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their Articles are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Article and that they have the right to submit the Article in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Article that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrants agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Article or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrants that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrants involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
13. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
14. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. Sponsor is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Articles or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. Sponsors are not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsors failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
15. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
16. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of an Article into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Sponsor, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their Article to Sponsor voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Sponsor or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of an Article under these Rules.
17. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
18. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Sponsor of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Atlanta, Georgia, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.