Xavier University of Louisiana men’s tennis again was No. 2 in the NAIA coaches poll announced Wednesday.
It’s XULA’s seventh consecutive appearance at No. 2 dating to the 2019 end-of-season rankings. Overall it’s the 100th consecutive top-20 appearance for XULA dating to 2008.
XULA’s top-25 appearance is its 109th in a row, the longest active streak in NAIA men’s tennis.
Wednesday’s rankings were the second of the season and the first since Jan. 27. The next rankings will be announced March 3.
Georgia Gwinnett received all 13 first-place votes. The Grizzlies are a unanimous No. 1 for the 51st consecutive time.
Georgia Gwinnett will be the third of three teams XULA will play during its Georgia trip. XULA will play Montreat at 2 p.m. Friday and No. 6 Reinhardt at 10 a.m. Saturday in Canton, then play Georgia Gwinnett at 9 a.m. at the Grizzlies’ facility in Lawrenceville. All times are Eastern.
XULA’s active poll streaks in men’s tennis:
• 109 consecutive appearances in the top 25 . . . streak began April 4, 2007.
• 100 consecutive appearances in the top 20 . . . streak began April 30, 2008.
• 85 consecutive appearances in the top 15 . . . streak began Feb. 1, 2011.
• 79 consecutive appearances in the top 10 . . . streak began May 3, 2011.
• 7 consecutive appearances in the top 5 . . . streak began May 22, 2019.
|NAIA Men’s Tennis Coaches’ Top 25 Poll
(first-place votes in parentheses — records through Feb. 14)
|1||Georgia Gwinnett (13)||4-0||343||1|
|13||San Diego Christian||0-0||210||14|