THIS WEEK: Following its bye week, Kennesaw State will return to action this weekend when it hosts Point on Saturday (Oct. 10) at Fifth Third Bank Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m.
The Owls are currently 3-1 on the season after falling at Dayton, 31-27, on Sept. 26.
ON THE AIR: Saturday’s game can be heard live at www.KSUOwls.com with Brian Giffin, Tutan Reyes and Art Eckman describing the action. A live video stream will also be available at www.bigsouthsports.com with Brian Katrek and Jimmy Robinson providing play-by-play and analysis, respectively.
HOMECOMING WEEKEND: Kennesaw State University will be celebrating Homecoming this week with Saturday’s football game highlighting the schedule of events.
It will also be the “Blackout” game as all fans are encouraged to where to black. The official 2015 Homecoming t-shirts are on sale now at the KSU Bookstore on online at bookstore.kennesaw.edu.
Friday night’s Homecoming activities include a parade (4 p.m.), pep rally (5 p.m.) at the ARC Amphitheatre, and the Icona Pop concert at 8 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at www.whereKENNESAWplays.com).
A full Homecoming Schedule available at kennesaw.edu/homecoming
PROTECTING THE NEST: Kennesaw State will be looking to remain unbeaten at home when it hosts Point on Saturday. The Owls are currently 2-0 at Fifth Third Bank Stadium following wins over Edward Waters and Shorter.
NAIA OPPONENTS: Point will mark the second NAIA opponent the Owls will play this season. KSU met Edward Waters in its inaugural home game and posted a 58-7 victory.
Owls Play at FCS Level: Kennesaw State plays at the Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) level. KSU joined the Big South Conference as an associate member on Sept. 4, 2013.
A Look Ahead: The Owls will open Big South Conference play next weekend when they return to Fifth Third Bank Stadium to host Gardner-Webb. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m.
• Point is currently 5-1 on the season, including a 2-0 mark in The Sun Conference. The Skyhawks compete in the NAIA.
• Head coach Mike McCarty is in his 1st season at Point after spending the previous six years at West Alabama where he coached the running backs, tight ends, linebackers and special teams.
• The Skyhawks are averaging 438.5 yards a game (188.2 rushing; 250.6 passing)
• Senior QB Charles Fortis leads the offense, completing 90 of 145 passes for 1,187 yards and 15 touchdowns while playing in all five games. He was named The Sun Conference’s Offensive Player of the Week after connecting on 18 of 27 passes for 273 and three touchdowns and rushing for 13 yards and a score in a 48-21 victory over Warner last week.
• The Skyhawks are averaging 42.2 points a contest and have scored 36 or more points in four of their five games.
• Points defense is surrendering 33.6 points a game and 445.2 yards a game, including 252.0 yards on the ground.